• Comprehensive online certification with an optional 8-hour live or streaming program*
• Choreography that is refreshed and completely updated every 12 weeks.
• 30 minutes of energizing and customized music changed entirely every 3 months
• Choreography reference notes that are systematic and supportive for speedy review and application
• A comprehensive certification program guaranteeing a safe, effective, and creative class EVERY class.
All of the music for the S.E.A.T. program is technologically mixed to the perfect tempo and speed, so everyone can follow. Your instructors will finally all be on the same page, teaching the same choreography and using the same music that encourages student participation for both a social and enjoyable experience. Best of all, every 12 weeks, a new release is available with updated music that coincides perfectly with our choreography, giving trainers and instructors the tools to empower students to take their fitness to the next level.
S.E.A.T. is an evidence-based, chair-assisted, functional fitness workout incorporating unique, pre-formatted choreography for a fun, socially engaging, total body low-impact workout. Color-coded choreography notes are provided every 3 months to keep instructors and trainers up to date with this evolving ageless fitness program. Designed with inclusivity in mind, our choreography caters to students with a wide range of abilities, ensuring the integrity of the program and a truly inclusive experience for all.
S.E.A.T. is the groundbreaking supported chair-based exercise program that provides a low impact workout for participants of all ages, skills, and fitness abilities. The energetic, sing-along quality music, dynamic instructors, and inclusive choreography create a social, confidence building space for all students. Enjoy the pure fun of this 30-minute engaging extravaganza! This full body program, with form and function at its foundation, can be performed virtually anywhere in a short period of time by a single individual, in small group settings, or in organized large group exercise classes. Studios, boutiques, small clubs, and other environments that may not have access to a large area will be benefit from the unique format.
Each class consists of 6 tracks which you can view below.
What you can expect in a typical class:
Track 1-Warm up
Focus: To prepare the body for movement during the workout and set the tone for class
• Increases the core temperature of the body
• Increases the heart rate
• Increases synovial fluid to joints: hip shoulder, hands feet, spine
• Increases the ability to move in multi-planar movement
• Rehearsal for movements that will be performed in program
Track 2-Sit to Stand
Focus: Introduce large muscle movement and power moving in and out of the chair
• Improves gluteal and core strength during the hip hinge
• Improves power and control of the lower body muscles
• Improves stabilizing muscles for more controlled balance
Focus: Increase heart rate and range of motion of upper and lower body
• Increases cardio capacity
• Increases range of motion of long levers
• Engages fast twitch muscle fibers for daily living activities
Track 4- Total Body
Focus: Increased work intensity for the entire body
• Improves neuroplasticity in brain
• Improves coordination of total body
Track 5- Resistance training
Focus: Engage various muscle groups to build strength, stability, and endurance
• Builds muscular endurance and strength
• Improves joint stability
• Minimizes or delays onset of bone loss/osteoporosis
Track 6- Flexibility and mobility
Focus: Reset the mind and body and celebrate the workout
• Increases flexibility of the chest and hip flexors
• Improves mood and helps decrease depression
What Will S.E.A.T. Do For Me?
This chair-based exercise program offers a full body, low-impact workout with options to suit the needs of clients with a range of abilities and skills.
The SCW S.E.A.T. program was developed with one main purpose: to serve as format that is inclusive and accessible by all individuals, regardless of ability. Those desiring or needing a transitional exercise option during rehabilitation, persons with exercise limitations (balance or other physical challenges, de-conditioned) active agers, or individuals looking for cross training and aquatic workout alternatives will be able to incorporate S.E.A.T. into a regular fitness regimen. Parents busy with young children, or professionals on tight schedules, and/or individuals recovering from surgeries will experience a quick rejuvenation and total body without having to travel outside the home or office.
S.E.A.T. makes becoming a teacher not only exciting and refreshing, but is easy to learn because all essential training tools and pre-formatted choreography are provided, removing all of the guess work – leaving you with the ability to focus on connecting with the class! With facilities licensing in many locations, becoming an instructor or trainer has never been more obtainable.
Licensure is simple, easy, and risk free. We are so confident that you will see the difference our chair program makes, that we allow you to cancel your agreement with nothing more than a 90-day written notice. Upon licensure, instructor recruiting and training can begin… and we can help! S.E.A.T. is a turn key format that allows your instructors to be themselves and present amazing classes with a hand from the industry’s finest professionals! GET IN THE DRIVER’S SEAT AND DRIVE YOUR CLIENTS TO STRONGER BODIES, STRONGER MINDS, INCREASED INDEPENDENCE, AND CONFIDENCE THAT WILL LAST A LIFETIME!